The Making of an Authentic Neapolitan Pizza Margherita
Mix the flour, salt and yeast. Pour in the water and mix until it's a sticky mess. Now knead the dough for 10 minutes or until your hands fall off... whichever comes first. It will look a little lumpy but once you let it rest it will be smooth and elastic.
Roll out the dough in a circle with your hands - don't use a rolling pin. and try to get the edges thin so it's not too doughy. Top your pizza with tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella and a few fresh basil leaves.
Bake your pizza in a super hot even (the highest temperature it can go) for 10 minutes. It cooks so fast so keep an eye on it. And here it is, the simplest and most delicious pizza of all time!http://sovetneg.ru/kod-915-kakoj-operator-eto/
By August 28, 2013Published:
This is the queen of all pizzas and the secret to a great pizza Margherita is to use the best ingredients you can find.
- 3 cups all-purpose-flour plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon active-dry-yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water room temperature
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin-olive-oil
- 1 cup marinara-sauce make your own or buy from supermarket
- 4 ounces fresh-mozzarella thinly sliced
- 6 fresh-basil-leaves
- Put the flour on a counter and make a well. Add the salt and yeast, then gradually pour in the water little by little and mix with your hands. Keep kneading the dough until it's not very sticky and form into a rough ball.
- Turn the dough out onto a clean work surface dusted with flour. Knead until the dough is smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes, using more flour if necessary to keep from sticking.
- Divide the dough in half, brush it with the olive oil and place it on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap, and set aside to rise at room temperature until doubled, about 45 minutes or place in the fridge overnight.
- When you want to bake your pizza, pre-heat the oven to the highest temperature it can go (400 degrees F). Generously dust your work surface with flour and place one ball of dough. Make a disk shape by pressing dough with the heel of your hands, rotating the dough between presses. Continue to press and stretch dough into a circle.
- Spread the sauce on the pizza in a thin, even layer, making sure to leave a 1/4-inch border around the edges of the pizza. Top with the mozzarella and basil leaves.
- Slide the pizza on a non-edge pan or pizza baking stone and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese starts bubbling and the crust is brown. Slice and enjoy!!