Dinner

Kiwi Marinated Chicken Tacos

June 13, 2013
kiwi tacos
When life gives you lemons it's simple: make some lemonade, dress your salad and use the zest to flavor your cheesecake. But when Zespri sends you a box of kiwifruit, then make dinner look a little different. Bright green, sweet and fresh, I wanted to challenge myself by infusing kiwifruit with savory dishes. Vitamins, minerals and tons of health benefits, kiwifruit has it all, but it also makes an amazing marinate for protein, adding lots of flavor and tenderizing meat. So I got adventurous and made kiwi marinated chicken tacos with a kiwi guacamole. I know about 10% of you read that and thought "oh cool, I like Kiwi."  And the other 90% of you read that and thought "OMG CHICKEN & KIWI?!?" These tacos can be described in one word, amazing. I have to admit I was slightly hesitant to take that first bite but was amazed at how delicious they tasted - takes your taste-buds to a whole new level. We (I cook, my husband eats = teamwork) generally make a lot of fajitas at home but I was in the mood for something crunchy and found these delicious white corn tacos at the supermarket. Heat them in the oven for 5 minutes to bring out the corn taste and get them crisp. kiwi I made the marinate by blending kiwifruit with coriander, garlic, lime juice, cumin and green chili for heat. The color is so gorgeous and I love the little black seeds from the kiwi. kiwi marinate Marinate the chicken for at least one hour in the fridge. I let mine sit overnight. Once marinated, the chicken is quickly seared in a hot pan until browned, and stays juicy and moist. So delicious. I love making my own guacamole - you really should never buy it ready-made. So easy to make, just mash a ripe avocado with juice of half a lemon, chopped coriander, chili and season with salt and pepper. Since I had a massive box of kiwifruit, I added a chopped kiwi to give it sweetness and texture - you can't imagine how heavenly it tasted. kiwi guac kiwi chicken tacos анализ сайта по ключевым словам

Kiwi Marinated Chicken Tacos with a Kiwi Guacamole

kiwi tacos

By Reem Published: June 13, 2013

  • Yield: 2 Servings
  • Prep: 20 mins
  • Cook: 10 mins
  • Ready In: 30 mins

Surprise your tastebuds with this is simple kiwi marinade perfect for beef or chicken.

Ingredients

  • 3 kiwifruit peeled
  • 1 garlic
  • 0 bunch of coriander
  • 1 small chili
  • 6 tablespoons lemon-juice or lime
  • 1 tablespoon olive-oil
  • 1 tablespoon cumin
  • 0 salt-pepper to taste
  • 2 chicken-breast boneless
  • 1 avocado

Instructions

  1. To Make the Marinade: Put 2 kiwifruit, garlic, small handful of coriander, 3 tablespoons of lemon or lime juice, cumin, chili, olive oil and salt & pepper in a blender and puree until smooth.
  2. Put chicken in a bowl and add marinade. Cover bowl with plastic wrap then and let it marinate for 1 hour or longer (maximum 8 hours) in the fridge.
  3. To Make the Guacamole: Cut avocado in half. Remove seed. Scoop out avocado from the peel, put in a mixing bowl. Using a fork, roughly mash the avocado. (Don't overdo it! The guacamole should be a little chunky.) Add chopped coriander, leftover lime or lemon, salt and pepper and mash some more.
  4. Take 1 kiwi and chop finely, mix with the guacamole and refrigerate until ready.
  5. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Now, remove the chicken from marinade by lifting out and shaking a little to remove any extra liquid. Lay chicken breast into the pan. Cook chicken 3 minutes until browned, flip chicken then cook another 3 minutes so that the second side becomes browned. Check chicken for doneness by either cutting into a breast or checking the internal temperature, which should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). If the chicken is not done, continue to cook until it is. Remove from pan then shred or cut chicken into strips.
  6. Meanwhile, pre-heat the oven and place the taco shells for 5 minutes until warm.
  7. Assemble the Tacos: Spoon a little guacamole inside the taco shell. Topp with chicken strips, then shredded cabbage and carrots. I also added sour cream and Tabasco for extra heat. Eat immediately, enjoy!
Print

Comments

Homepage says:
June 24, 2013 at 9:45 pm

… [Trackback]…

[...] There you will find 73226 more Infos: afoodaffair.me/1638/recipe-kiwi-marinated-chicken-tacos/ [...]…

Reply

Nabeela says:
June 22, 2013 at 1:47 am

This really sounds divine! How incredibly ingenious

Reply

Dana says:
June 13, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Canmot wait to try this!

Reply

Please give us your valuable comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *